Batman

Add Reply
New Poll

Questions, questions, questions, Jennifer and Richard
Jennifer Barnett
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 06:07 PM
""
is .

"Oh, man", the red-haired reporter murmured to herself as she stared at her computer screen. She really needed something to send in. And she had nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

She had been nearly blacklisted around Gotham, mostly due to her big mouth. It was a miracle she still had a job. Someone probably liked her for some reason - or felt bad enough to keep her employed. But she could feel it wouldn't last long.

She needed a story. A good one. Something of interest. An interview, something nobody else had, anything. Anything that could make her valuable.

Shutting off her laptop, Jennifer took a long and deep breath and decided staring at a screen wouldn't do her any good. Especially when she was hungry and tired. So, maybe dinner would be a better choice.

Taking a shower, Jennifer got into jeans and a T-shirt, and put her hair up on a ponytail. It wasn't date night, after all. She was just going to grab a warm meal and go back home. Once she was ready, Jennifer walked out the door, phone in hand, looking for some place new to have dinner. It wasn't as though she was in a hurry to do anything, or be anywhere. Her empty screen would be waiting for her where she had left it.

Deciding she would walk instead of using any transportation, Jennifer walked around, looking at each restaurant or cafe she walked past, and rejecting them. Nothing really appealed to her right now. The stress of having to hand something - anything - of worth to her boss was definitely getting to Jennifer more than she cared to admit.

Shaking her head and giving up on dinner outside, Jennifer turned around and started making her way back home.

Started, but didn't finish. Because she saw a familiar face. She knew that guy. She had no idea what he was doing there, but hey - desperate times call for desperate measures.

What was the worst that could happen? For him to say no, right? Taking a short breath and exercising all of her shamelessness, Jennifer jogged until she stopped right in front of the man with a bright smile.

"Hello, detective!", she greeted in the most cheerful intonation she could muster. "Can I buy you dinner?", the redhead asked, deciding that it was worth dropping some money to get the chance to ask a few questions.

Richard Grayson
Richard Grayson
 Posted: Jul 22 2017, 04:52 PM
""
is .

Reporters were something Richard was really tired of dealing with. He respected they were just doing their jobs, but ever since the Wayne fire they seemed to be everywhere hounding him and the other Detectives on the case for details on the investigation. Details that the department had been told to keep close to themselves. They didn't want to risk their prime suspect getting word that they had evidence that could lock him away for life. Still something didn't sit right with the young Detective. The Red Hood hadn't been very secretive with his actions since coming to Gotham yet unless there was something about Wayne they didn't know the man didn't seem to fit the profile of the masked killers targets. Than there was the mystery behind the young man, this son, that they couldn't find any information on. There were just too many questions going unanswered for the detective.

The long sleepless nights and the pulling of old memories at the back of his mind weren't helping either.

It was going to be another long night at the station and more ordered in pizzas. Richard needed something other than pizza and a moment away from the case. He left the station on foot intending on heading towards a nearby diner for a burger and fries. The cooling evening air felt good after being cooped up with the investigation all day and his thoughts on possibly taking the night off so that he would have a fresh mind for tomorrow were interrupted by a red headed woman stopping in front of him causing him to stop as well.

He knew she was a reporter. Jennifer something. Or Jessica. If she was here she wanted something. It would be nice to have some company that didn't smell of nicotine patches and cigarettes. She'd just have to know that he wouldn't be answering any questions. "If you are here about the investigation I can't give you any details, but I can't stop you from being at the same diner I am either."

Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 06:50 AM
""
is .

Sure, Jennifer was dying for a scoop in the Police Department’s latest and hottest investigation. Just like any other reporter in town. That, and she really needed a juicy story if she wanted to hold on to her job. Which she did, as she had to do boring things, like paying the bills and stocking her pantry. But a part of her had to admit that - despite the serious matters Gotham’s news outlets often dealt with - the job was fun for her. And a small perverse part of Jennifer enjoyed tormenting her targets - even to the eventual risk of her physical integrity.

That was something Jennifer knew she was putting at risk when she stepped in front of Detective Grayson, blocking his path, and asked to buy him dinner. Sure, she wasn’t exactly running on stuffed pockets, but it was worth the expense for maybe a bit of juicy information or two.

When he said he couldn’t give her any details, Jennifer flashed a smile. “Oh, not at all”, she replied with her best shameless smile. “I just want to ask questions female readers would like answered, you know, the usual - whether or not you’re seeing anyone… what attracts you in a girl… your… shoe size…”.

After these words, and before she could get a reply - which she suspected might involve where she could shove her questions -, Jennifer offered an alternative version. “Or maybe I’m just single and desperate for a date, and you’re a male and passably handsome. Your pick”.

Richard Grayson
Richard Grayson
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 03:40 AM
""
is .

He made an amused snort when she rambled on about the teen column questions and stood with an eyebrow slightly raised getting ready to respond with a quick comment when she quickly continued on. Richard had heard weirder things and for some reason those strange questions seemed familiar. They probably came from some magazine that one of his ex's used to read. "I doubt that you're that lonely, Miss, but please join me." He spoke with a slight gesture before continuing on around her. "Even if you don't get your story this should be an interesting lunch." His comments were light hearted. Having lunch with her wasn't going to hurt anything. Maybe.

Reaching the diner door Richard took notice of some of the cops he knew inside giving him a weird look for being with a reporter. He shrugged a bit and pulled opened the door, stepping to the side so she could enter before him. "For your readers," His lips were in a smirk as he spoke. "my shoe size is twelve."

Jennifer Barnett
Jennifer Barnett
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 09:37 PM
""
is .

Jennifer snorted as well, equally amused, at Richard's reaction. She couldn't help it. Of course, the girl knew she was making a fool out of herself, but she was not above it for a good story. It was part of her creed that a good reporter should have no shame at all. Shame was something that did nothing but stand in the way of her job. Sure, Jennifer felt she wouldn't really get anything about the current juicy bit of news, but she could at least get an open door with the detective, and maybe some information on him would hold her job until she could get something better.

"Well, I could tell you a thing or two about my social life, but I don't think you need to know about that - I'll only speak if my lawyer is around", she joked, nodding at his words at lunch being interesting. "We all need to eat, right?", she replied, nodding and stepping in the diner before Richard. "Thanks".

Richard's reply about his shoe size made Jennifer smirk as well and look him up and down. "Wow", she finally remarked. "You know what they say about guys with big feet...". Her expression changed to feigned innocence. "You must spend a fortune in shoes".

Richard Grayson
Richard Grayson
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 02:11 AM
""
is .

"Good call. You never know what I could do with any information you give me." He was joking, just continuing their banter, but it could be the half-truth. This reporter already had him amused. What more could happen if he had gotten more details on her? "You don't want to see my shoe or medical bill. Even just walking can be hazardous."

Inside the diner, there were people everywhere. The place was packed and the detective looked around searching for-Yes! A waitress stepped back from cleaning off a corner booth just as he laid eyes on it...along with another man closer to it than they were. Both men rushed towards the empty booth with Richard doing a much better job at sliding around people than the other man. His agility won out against the other man's attempt at pushing people out of the way and upon reaching the table the Detective launched himself into one side like it was a version of yelling CLAIMED. His feet flew up into the air as he landed and he quickly righted himself with a bit of a fuss before popping back up to his feet and looking to Jennifer. "Found a table!"

Jennifer Barnett
Rose Mattingly
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 10:30 PM
Rose Mattingly
Civilians
""
N/A
is Offline.

She wasn’t ease dropping. The diner was busy and if she’d felt like walking more, she would’ve gone somewhere else. As it was she didn’t, and she ended up standing around the corner of her new gym friend and his…whatever she was, waiting for her number to be called. Rose overheard parts of the conversation—not intentionally, but she did nonetheless. When the woman blended in with the front of the diner, Rose turned around the corner and grinned at the detective.

“Detective Greyson—Richard, can I call you Richard? Okay Richard, people love hearing about their heroes. What kind of girl does an attractive, athletic guy like you go for?” Rose cracked up before she could finish, her fingers coming up to cover her mouth as her mocking, sultry tone dissolved into laughter.

Richard Grayson
PMEmail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Home
Information
Canon List
Who Plays Who
Face Claims
Members
Discord